New to yoga? Don't be shy give it a try with our fantastic beginners packages.
What to expect.
- Beginners are welcome! You do not need to have previous yoga experience to try any of the classes at Yoga Lounge
- Yoga can be a daily practice. The more often you come to class, the quicker you will see results and benefits. At least 3-4 times per week is recommended to see real changes. All classes will bring stillness and clarity of mind. Focus more on the hot room for motivation, cardiovascular work out, weight loss and to see big results in a short time frame, and the cool room for a more relaxed atmosphere, greater alignment with a more meditational focus.
- Be prepared to work hard, sweat and leave class feeling better mentally and physically than you can imagine…..
What to bring.
- 2 towels - one to practise on and one to shower with - we rent or sell towels.
- Bottled water – we sell water.
- Yoga mat – we rent or sell mats.
- ID for your first visit only.
- Complete our registration form here.
- Drink 1.5 litres of water 2 hours before class.
- We advise you not to eat much in the 2 hours before class.
- Sit down whenever you feel like it and take it easy at the start.
- Tell the teacher before class if you have any injuries. Never work into pain.
- You may feel a bit dizzy in the first 20 minutes. That's normal. Sit down and breathe through your nose.
- For the hot room wear light form fitting clothes.
- For aerial yoga please remove all jewellery, hairclips, watches. Wear clothing that covers the armpit area, backs of the knees and the midriff without zips or buttons.
Directions & Parking.
We offer a small free car park directly behind the studio on a first come first served basis. Free on street parking is available and in abundance on Browning Avenue or Chessel Avenue which are the roads running off Christchurch Road toward the cliff top. Alternatively there are two large council carparks. one in the Sovereign Shopping centre, free after 5.30pm or £1 for two hours, the second on Hawkwood Road which runs behind the pedestrianised section of the high street. All of the above options are a 2-3 minute walk from the studio.
For full directions and to see us on a map see our contact page.